According to Professor Mark Williams, Oxford University, Mindfulness is a translation of a word that simply means awareness. It’s a direct, intuitive knowing of what you are doing while you are doing it. It’s knowing what’s going on inside your mind and body, and what’s going on in the outside world as well.
“Volker’s Mindfulness in the Workplace course made me consider my own mindfulness practise and helped me to evaluate priorities at work, fostering a better work life balance and better productivity. I would happily recommend his courses.”
Alex Rosen, CTO, Platform360
And, did you know that Mindfulness actually improves productivity. Yes! Hence it is a perfect fit to offer it to my clients! It all fits in with what’s happening at Ballueder Partners.
– Pays attention to thoughts, feelings and body sensations to become directly aware of them, and better able to manage them
– Has roots in Meditation practices and also draws on recent scientific advances
– Is of potential value to to everybody to help find peace in a frantic world
Neuroscientific studies find:
– Changes in those area of the brain associated with decision-making, attention and empathy in people who regularly practice Mindfulness Meditation
– That Meditation increases the area of the brain linked to regulating emotion, and that it improves people’s attention, job performance, productivity and satisfaction
– That Meditation increases blood flow, reduces blood pressure, and protects people at risk of developing hypertension: it also reduces the risk and severity of cardiovascular disease, and the risk of dying from it
Our Mindfulness in the Workplace course helps employees to develop mindfulness skills supported by a six week training programme.
Employees attend a 60 minute training session each week. Each week participants learn new techniques to improve performance, leadership, well-being and resilience, which they then practise each day and apply to their work.
Mindfulness related Qualifications:
- WorkplaceMT Mindfulness at Work Trainer, The Mindfulness Exchange (2019), CMI Validated, and developed as a spin-off from the Oxford Mindfulness Centre from Oxford University
- Certified Meditation and Mindfulness Trainer, School of Positive Transformation (2019)
- MBSR, The British Institute of Mindfulness (2019)
- NLP Master Practitioner (2003)
- MBA Thesis on EQ (2004)
Tailored Programmes and Workshops Available. 6 week course sample below: